22 February, 2020

A New Entertainment Industry, and a New Life

It's been a very long time, but here's why:

www.black-cat-entertainment.co.uk

That's me now.  That's my company, the team I built from the ground up.  I love making games, and to my initial shock, I love business.  Despite its reputation as being cut-throat and bastardly, it's actually all about relationships and mutual benefit.  Best of all, in entertainment, success is all about making something amazing in a team of likeminded, awesome people.

The days of working alone are nearly gone.  No longer will a stranger ask me at a bus stop for the time, only to have me blurt out my life story inside of 5 minutes because they're the first person I've spoken to in ages.  I now have whole teams to work with, and I love every minute of it.

I'll be creating a company blog what will be 99% written by me, and I'll be posting updates here.

If anybody still reads this, it's my hope that some of you will join me on the adventure into games.  I'll still be expressing myself through art, just in a different medium.  Likewise, while I'm transfering most of my efforts from books to games for the time being, it's still all about learning to make it as an artist.

No comments: